Events, meetings, conferences
Support for Volunteers and Board – Fundraising Events, meetings, conferences and conventions
Meetings, conventions and events are often run by volunteers of nonprofit organizations. Sometimes there is staff support for volunteers, but there usually are too few staff to provide much help. Also, for many organizations, no staff are truly well skilled or experienced at planning and management of fundraising events, meetings, conferences and other get togethers, as staff are generally hired to serve numerous important roles in the organization. When such staff manage meetings they are pulled away from their key mission delivery work.
We can help.
The answer to effectively managing events, meetings and conventions at low net cost using volunteer help is to provide volunteers with solid expert meeting planning and management support, without diverting the organization’s key staff resources.
PNMG provides comprehensive support to volunteers and staff in the planning and management of events, meetings and conferences.
Meeting Support in the Austin – San Antonio Area
While event support services can be offered anywhere on a consulting and short-term support basis, hands-on full support for the duration of an event — beginning to end — is available for meetings, conventions and events held in the Austin-San Antonio area.
Support and management services include the following:
- Full conference planning and management
- General professional support to volunteers and staff
- Procuring and negotiating conference venue, vendors, contracts, audio visual equipment, and hotel room blocks
- Liaison between vendors and host organization
- Planning banquet and other food service
- Building, organizing and monitoring conference websites
- Coordinating set-up of online registration and payments
- Tracking of registration, speakers and publications
- Organizing and managing the exhibit hall
- Conducting coordination meetings with host staff and volunteers
- Overseeing conference workers
Learn how to organize and hold events
Read Money for the Cause: A Complete Guide to Event Fundraising, a book about organizing and managing events for fundraising and other purposes. This book is indispensable to anyone involved in mission-driven organizations, whether as a volunteer, professional, student, teacher, or total beginner wanting to raise money or hold meeting events for a cause. Money for the Cause is a peer-reviewed text published by the Texas A&M University Press.